Cross Country Releases New Survey, Spotlights Healthcare Provider Insights to Inform Workforce Success in 2024
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20240109912408/en/
"Provider satisfaction is paramount to success for both healthcare organizations and staffing companies," said
Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) were surveyed on their preferences when selecting a new role, motivations for opting for locum tenens work, and the increasing trend of choosing locums as a career. Respondents shared perspectives on technology priorities for healthcare organizations and the potential role of artificial intelligence in their future careers. The survey also delved into key issues such as the scope of practice for APPs, the career effects of COVID-19, insights on the gratifications of being a provider, self-care practices, and anticipated career paths.
- Responding clinicians' top three drivers when considering a new role are compensation, quality of care, and scope of practice.
- 85% of survey respondents said when working as a locums, they can provide the same level of care as an on-staff provider.
- 70% of providers chose to work locums primarily for the flexibility in scheduling.
- 91% of responding APPs believe granting APPs full autonomy improves access to care; 51% of responding physicians disagreed.
- Clinicians said facilities should invest in technology for 1) clinical decision support, 2) Electronic Medical Record transition and 3) remote patient monitoring.
- Both physicians and APPs said caring for patients is the most rewarding part of their careers.
- 2/3 of respondents plan to stay in clinical practice in the near future; 1/3 plan to leave.
ABOUT CROSS COUNTRY
ABOUT CROSS COUNTRY LOCUMS
Cross Country Locums provides physician and advanced practice professionals with a variety of placement options, including locum tenens, temporary, and temp-to-perm. Cross Country Locums is part of